Student Worship Planning
Answer the following questions about the passage you have 5 minutes at each passage:
1. How does this passage touch you and your life right now? What is God saying to you about your life in this passage?
2. How will it touch others? What word do they need to hear from God in this?
3. What stands out? Images? Music related? Movie clips? Questions you are left with?
Luke 21:1-4/Mark 12:41-44/Widow's offering:
Even in your time of need, you always have something to give
God doesn't work in absolute terms
Giving a lot is relative to what you have to give
The sincerity behind your gift is more important than the gift itself
Even if you don't have a lot of money, you still have a lot to give
Images: old, impoverished woman, song: Simple Gifts played by WVU marching band; Movie: Gran Torino
Luke 14/Wedding Banquet
For us, God is implying that we should no longer fail to recognize the gifts God has given us.
Like us, most of our peers similarly take privileges for granted
Reminiscent of Belly where DMX a major criminal renounces his destructive past when faced with the promises of God
Luke 18:18-28/Rich Young Ruler
Romans 3: 22the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction, 23since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; 24they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
It is only through God's grace we are saved
Worldly goods do not show the value of ourselves
You must be saved by God; impossible to do it on your own
We should renounce our worldly desires and focus on eternal wealth.
Frank Lucas/American Gangster
Another passage(s) to consider (woman anointing Jesus with oil Luke 7: http://bible.oremus.org/?ql=105686614, and Mark 14: http://bible.oremus.org/?ql=105686666 )
Look at this passage with the story of the widow's gift
Both gifts are affirmed by Jesus
What can you take away from these stories
For next week:
1. What passages are standing out to you? If you had to pick two to focus on for the rest of the time, which two and why?
2. What music, prayers, images, are bubbling up -- bring them with you.
3. We will narrow down scripture and start thinking music and flow on Wednesday, April 8.