WELCOME

We meet Wednesdays at 7 pm, August - May
We welcome you to join us!
Follow us on twitter, facebook, and calendar for latest updates and to find out what else we are up to!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Time of Worship and Prayer to get through the last weeks of school


28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." From Matthew 11:28&ff, the Message

The last three Sundays this semester the PSF will sponsor a time of prayer and reflection for students starting at 7 pm at First Presbyterian Church.  Each week will have a specific theme:  Faith, Love, Hope.  Anyone can bring in something that reflects the theme:  scripture, art, music, story, etc to share during worship.  However, you don't have to contribute anything and are welcome to come and enjoy a time of learning the unforced rhythms of grace that Christ has laid before us.

Map to FPC (near VFW, downtown).  (http://www.firstpresmorgantown.org/maps.html)

Themes for each week and quotes to ponder. . .
April 18 (Faith):  I love the recklessness of faith.  First you leap, then you grow wings. (William Sloane Coffin)

April 25 (Love):  I believe God is love:  God loves the world.  I believe God loves the world with various kinds of love--the love of creator, a friend, a mother and father, an artist, a lover, a scientist.  (Sally McFague) If we hate ourselves, we can never love others, for love is a gift of oneself. How will you make a gift of that which you hate?  (Coffin)

May 2 (Hope):  But Christ being risen dies no more.  In Christ's resurrection death is not postponed; it is overcome.  (Albert Curry Winn)  Hope criticizes what is, hopelessness rationalizes it.  Hope resists, hopelessness adapts.  (Coffin)

No comments: